Baking is a technique widely used in fish such as salmon. It consists of taking the food in this case the salmon to the oven at a temperature of 350F where the cooking occurs due to the concentrated heat, achieving a uniform cooking. For salmon, ideally bring it to an internal temperature of between 130F and 140F.
With this type of cooking, a crunchy crust is not achieved, so it is very common to seal it in a pan first and then finish cooking in the oven.
How to Bake MOWI salmon
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350°F.
- In a baking tray place aluminum foil and add some oil.
- With a paper towel, dry the salmon very well and place it on the tray with the skin facing down.
- Season with butter or olive oil, salt, pepper and all the desired herbs, spices and vegetables.
- Bake for about 15 min or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven let stand a couple of minutes and serve.
- Turn and cook on the skin side until firm or to an internal temperature of between 130°F and 140°F.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes so that the juices remain inside our salmon.
- Serve with the desired garnish.
Baking is a technique widely used in fish such as salmon. It consists of taking the food in this case the salmon to the oven at a temperature of 350F where the cooking occurs due to the concentrated heat, achieving a uniform cooking. For salmon, ideally bring it to an internal temperature of between 130F and 140F. With this type of cooking, a crunchy crust is not achieved, so it is very common to seal it in a pan first and then finish cooking in the oven.
How to Saute MOWI salmon
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat the pan over medium high heat and add a little oil.
- Place the salmon in the hot pan, skin side up.
- Cook about 3 minutes or until beautifully golden.
- Turn carefully cook another 3 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan and serve
French term meaning “inside a paper bag”. excellent method of cooking MOWI® salmon. The fish is wrapped with greased paper and accompanied by its garnish (they can be a variety of vegetables). This technique is ideal for salmon as it preserves all its juices and flavors. With this technique we can use waxed paper, in case we want to make the papillote in the oven, or aluminum foil being able to use it both for the oven and to make grilled papillote.
How to make a papillote with MOWI® Salmon in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Take a sheet of parchment paper large enough so that we can wrap it completely and seal it like in a bag.
- Place the desired vegetables creating a bed and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon on top, and season with all the desired spices and a touch of olive oil.
- Close the bag very well, place it on a tray and take to the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked.
- When baked, the parchment paper should puff up and brown slightly and serve.
One way to cook salmon in a healthy way is using this technique. It is done in a deep pan with a lid or steamer, with the help of a rack or basket to steam food, it is placed in the pot so that the fish is not in contact with water. the fish and the ingredients that are cooked thanks to the steam that the water gives off when boiling. This system better conserves the nutrients in food.
How To Steam MOWI Salmon:
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and a touch of olive oil to prevent the salmon from sticking to the steamer basket.
- In a pot or deep pan or steamer add water and bring to simmer.
- Place the salmon in the steamer, if you want to add flavor you can place herbs and vegetables.
- Steam for about 7 min and serve.
For MOWI® salmon, this culinary technique is ideal since our salmon has an extraordinary flavor and the grill will add smoked flavors achieving delicious results. This method consists of supplying strong heat to the grill with either gas or charcoal.
With this technique it is important to have in mind that the grill must be at a high temperature, and on the other hand the salmon must be cold when cooking it since this temperature shock will help everything to be well sealed. In the case of fish, if we want to use a marinade, it is not advisable to do it long in advance since marinades that have salt or sugar are elements that dehydrate and will affect the juiciness of our salmon. We can leave the salt and pepper for just before cooking.
How to Grill MOWI salmon
- Season the salmon or marinate to taste and keep in the fridge until cooking.
- Heat the grill to 450f.
- Remove the salmon from the refrigerator, remove the excess marinade with a paper towel until it is well dry, then spread a little oil.
- Place the salmon on the grill with the skin side up.
- Let it cook for about 3 minutes without moving it to achieve well-defined grill marks, this will be important when serving.
Deep frying is a technique widely used in different fish and although it is rare in salmon, we can use it. It is a culinary technique in which the salmon is submerged in a very hot fat in order to obtain a crunchy surface, leaving all its juices and flavors inside.
How to Fry MOWI salmon
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- In a deep-frying pan or a deep fryer add enough oil to completely submerge our piece of salmon.
- Bring the oil to a temperature between 350F and 390F, we can help ourselves with a thermometer not to bring the oil to the smoke point.
- Put the salmon in hot oil and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and let it rest on paper towel to eliminate excess fat and serve with the desired garnish.